To promote scholars at the beginning of their academic careers, the Monumenta Germaniae Historica (MGH) offer four one-month scholarships in 2023 for Ph.D. students and postdoctoral researchers from Germany and abroad.
The scholarships is funded with 1500 Euros for Ph.D. students or 2000 Euros for postdoctoral researchers and entails a reserved working place in the reading room of the MGH library, one of the best-stocked specialised libraries for medieval history in the German-speaking world. Additionally, Munich offers a comprehensive research infrastructure including the resources of the Bavarian state library (Bayerische Staatsbibliothek), the Bavarian state achive (Hauptstaatsarchiv) and the LMU university library (Universitätsbibliothek).
• a doctoral degree or an attestation of a current Ph.D. project
• a research project on medieval history with a focus on text edition or source studies
• a good command of the German language
• Please note that the scholarship entails a residence obligation.
There is no deadline for applications for the MGH one-month scholarships. Please submit your application with the following required documents in a single PDF file by e-mail addressed to the President of the MGH, Prof. Dr Dr h.c. Martina Hartmann at: (email@example.com).
• a short project outline (1-2 pages)
• curriculum vitae
• a letter of recommendation from a university professor
• list of publications